NAVIGATOR RHODIUM PLATED WITH CARBON FIBRE BASE
This striking contemporary version of the Navigator combines a solid brass rhodium plated movement with a high gloss lacquered carbon fibre base and key drawer. The clock has an eight day power reserve as the fuse mechanism helps to maintain power and improve accuracy.
The clock is serial numbered and comes with a certificate of authenticity. For further specification please refer to the description below. S5666S
The Navigator is a tribute to clockmaker John Harrison (1693 – 1776) who made the world’s first marine chronometer. His unique timepieces made it possible for the first time for British naval officers to accurately calculate their longitude position. This technical breakthrough gave an extraordinary advantage to the navies of Great Britain in their quest for global exploration, trade and Empire. This unique story is revealed by Dava Sobel’s best-selling book and the movie “Longitude”. The rhythmic movement of the pendulum balances brings the Navigator to life.
• Unique sold brass rhodium plated movement
• Fuse mechanism and maintaining power to improve accuracy
• Eight day power reserve
• White enamel finish chapters with Roman and Arabic numerals and fine Breguet hands to indicate the time and passing seconds
• Piano high gloss carbon fibre base with key drawer
• Crystal glass mitred canopy to protect the movement
• Serial numbered movement with a Certificate of Authenticity
• Dava Sobel's book 'Longitude' is included with each timepiece
• Bespoke finish combinations available on request
• The Navigator is protected by a mahogany finish presentation travel case
• Width 32cm
• Height 48cm
• Depth 23cm
• Weight 25.75kg
Made in the UK.
Exclusive 3 Year Warranty & Free Delivery.
In Stock With Free UK Delivery
- Brand: Comitti Clocks